Fresh Start Housing, LLC is a long-term transitional housing program. It’s developed to provide a living environment dedicated to your self-sufficiency and independence; through work, savings, and skill courses.
WORK & SAVINGS: You must work a bare minimum of 40 hours a week and save 10% of your earnings into your private savings account.
SAVINGS: Your savings will allow you to buy a mode of transportation such as a car or moped. Also, allowing you to accumulate enough money for the first, last, and a deposit on a place to live.
If you save more than 10% of your earnings, you could have enough money to put a deposit down on a home of your very own. The more you work and save during your 15-month stay will determine how many monetary goals you can reach.
SKILL COURSES: Courses are developed to fit your specific needs and conducted one-to-one. Skills taught ensure permanent solvency (no debt) and prevent homelessness. You may also learn cooking, cleaning, or other skills as needed.
Services & Amenities
- 15-months Occupancy
- Semi-Private Rooms
- Qualifying Private Rooms with T.V.
- Dignified Clean & Sober Living
- Fully Furnished Comfortable Environment
- 11-bed Availability.
Immersive Learning in Life & Social Skills Curriculum
- Immersive Learning is situated and embedded in authentic environments, activities, and contexts. The idea is to provide resident students with direct experience in a work setting.
- A concentration on major categories of social and life skills: workforce behaviors, relationships, intimacy and abstinence, personal finances, and personal safety.
- Secure Food Storage Lockers
- Secure Home Access
- Secure Room Access
- Secure Laundry Access
- Learning Center
- Fully Furnished Kitchen and Amenities
- Large Backyard with Picnic Tables
- Community Gardening Opportunities
- Covered Porch to Enjoy Outdoor Relaxation
- Emergency Food Pantry
Walking Distance Community Conveniences
- Public Commuter Buses
- Manufacturing Employment
- Manpower Employment Agency
- Social Services: Court House, Trustees Office, Police Station, Social Security Office
- Educational Access: Library, Seton Schools, Richmond High School
- Entertainment Hot Spots: Depot District, Elstro Park, Main Street Business
- Numerous Banking Entities
- Grocery Shops and Restaurants