Our focus is dedicated to assisting individuals seeking an opportunity to get back on their feet. If you are working towards re-entering society from a rehabilitation facility, incarceration, or even a divorce, our expertise is getting you back on your feet. We serve aged-out foster youths, the working homeless, and the disenfranchised.
- Who Can Apply
- Ages: 20-40 (Age Waiver Available)
- Work With DOC Before Discharge.
- Referral Through Probation/Parole.
- Recovery Discharge With 90 Days Sobriety.
- Medicated-Assisted Treatment With Enrollment In A Titration Program.
- Enrollment Requirement Criteria
- Employment Minimum 40-Hour Work Week.
- Student Employment Minimum 30-Hour Work Week.
- Full Participation In The 15-Month Program.
- Attend Weekly Financial Literacy Class.
- 10% of all earnings are placed into a personal savings account.
- Additional Requirements
- Drugs, Alcohol, and Smoke-Free Living Environment Agreement.
- Continued attendance of rehabilitation support systems as needed.
- Enrollment Process
- Introduction/Interview Appointment
- Visit Residential House.
- Maximum Length of stay
- 15 months
- 15 months
- 212 N. 7th Street, Richmond, Indiana 47374
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What is the process of getting into your program?
The first step would be setting up an introduction/interview appointment, including visiting the residential house unless unavailable due to detention or rehabilitation participation.
Our location is 212 N. 7th Street, Richmond, Indiana, 47374.
Question: Do you accept couples?
We do not accept couples.
Question: Does one have to have a full-time job if they are attending school?
Employment is mandatory; if the resident attends school full-time, a part-time job is sufficient to meet the requirements. Remember, the program is only 15 months long with the intent to become self-sufficient.
Question: Do you help them get a job?
Fresh Start Housing uses various employment resources and direct connections with manufacturers in the local area that cater to our student’s needs.
Question: Will you allow them to continue with their current providers?
All residents must stay with their care providers, ensuring a stabilized transition. The professional services at Fresh Start Housing provide bridge services. We recognized that people leaving in-patient mental health, recovery services, or the judicial system need a Bridge to support them as they re-established themselves safely in the community.
Question: Do they have to be homeless or be discharged from a facility to be accepted into your program?
Residents do not have to be homeless, as this service is often used to prevent homelessness.
Question: Do you allow animals?
We do not allow animals due to the communal nature of the living environment.
*enrollment and participation requirements are subject to change
We do not discriminate in enrollment, educational programs, or activities based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, religion, disability, sex, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, genetic information, the intersection of these identities or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.