What is Financial Literacy?
Financial literacy is understanding and effectively using various financial skills, including personal financial management, budgeting, and investing.
Each Fresh Start Housing participant can save between $5,000 to 12,000 thousand dollars to solidify and stabilize their Fresh Start during their fifteen-month residency.
Tracking Your Spending
- Self-Analysis and Awareness of spending habits.
- Understanding Wants Versus Needs
Projective Budgeting and Planning
- Follow the 50/30/20 rule.
- Identify fixed and variable expenses.
- Set savings and debt payoff goals.
- Track your budgeting progress, review, and revise.
- Buying a house
- Land Contract
- Tax Sale
- Selecting a Budgeting Tool That Suits Your Lifestyle